Friday, February 6, 2009

Got Gas?

So, yesterday my parents came over around noon to take me and Chloe to lunch. As my mom walked in the door she "calmly" :) informed me that she could smell gas. I couldn't smell it and my dad couldn't smell it so we thought nothing of it. Besides, I had a candle burning so I figured it couldn't be that bad since we hadn't blown up yet. When we got back from lunch as I opened our door, I got a whiff of gas. That was it though, I couldn't smell it anywhere else. By this point we were checking and rechecking to see if my stove was on, if it was coming from the dryer or water heater and it wasn't.

Mike got home around 3:00 and immediately said it smelled like strong gas. So here we are walking around our house smelling every nook and crany to find out the source of the smell. Since it was strongest in our stairwell, Mike went to our neighbors who live below us to see if they had it in their place too. By this point I'm getting pretty nervous. I always think about the fact that we have to put total trust in our neighbors, living in a condo community.

So Mike knocks on his door and he finally answers. Mike can smell the gas immediately and asks him if his stove is gas, and if so, is it on. He goes and checks it out. Come to find out, the burner was half way on! He's all "I have a sinus infection. I couldn't even smell it." Then he shuts the door. He doesn't open windows or anything! So we're standing outside debating what to do, cause we're not trying to have our place blow up. Who knows how long his gas had been on. It was at least 3 hours...and that was since we noticed the smell in our place! So we call the fire department and have them come out and make sure everything was okay.

Long story short...our neighbors downstairs are MORONS!

0 comments: